The vast majority of our players members have attended Timoleague National School. There has always been a strong link between school and club. With the support of school principal Mrs. Norma Harte, and all the teachers, there is regular and structured coaching taking place in school. Argideen Rangers coaches have been lucky enough to spend time coaching school children on the skills of our games, and most importantly having fun!
Other positive aspects of this link include;
- An introduction to Gaelic games in a school setting.
- Increased levels of physical activity which will improve health and help prevent obesity.
- Encourage new members to join our club.
- Age appropriate skills using official GAA guidelines.
- Introducing Gaelic games in a fun setting to children who might never get the opportunity to play the games again.